The LOPSI group is involved in projects ranging from fundamental research, to more applied activity, aimed to the development of technology for interested partners.
Here is a list of recent projects which we have led or in which we have participated:
- DARKWIN (https://darkwin.eu/)
- Pollinator-assisted plant natural selection and breeding under climate change pressure. EIC Pathfinder Open 2021. Grant agreement N. 101098680. 01/01/2023 – 30/06/2026
- NEXT-PERCEPTION (https://www.nextperception.eu/)
- Next generation smart perception sensors and distributed intelligence for proactive human monitoring in health, wellbeing, and automotive systems. European Union. ECSEL-2019-2-RIA. Ref.: 876487. 01/05/2020 – 30/07/2023.
- REPNIN++ (https://repnin.es/)
- REd de Posicionamiento y Navegación en INteriores y exteriores restringidos y sus aplicaciones. RED2022-134355-T, MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033/ FEDER, UE. 01/6/2023 – 01/06/2025
- GAIT2CARE (https://www.gait2care.es/)
- Digitalización del cuidado de mayores mediante el análisis de la marcha – TED2021-132429B-I00. 01/12/2022 – 30/11/2024
- Localización y detección integrada para el seguimiento digital de la actividad humana. PID2021-122642OB-C43. 01/09/2022 – 31/08/2025
- Sistemas de Posicionamiento Local: Enfoque Holístico desde las Tecnologías Base hasta las Aplicaciones – RTI2018-095168-B-C51. 01/01/2019 – 30/09/2022.
- Localization Cooperative Systems for People and Objects in Diverse Environments. TIN2012-38080-C04-04. 01/01/2013 – 31/12/2015
- Continuous Location in Wide Areas with Ultrasound and Radiofrequency, with an Application on Personal Guidance Aids. TIN2009-14114-C04_03. 01/01/2010 – 31/06/2014
- Integration of acoustic, vision and RFID sensor networks for location in smart environments. MEC.TIN2006-14896-C02-02. 01/10/2006 – 31/03/2010.
- Absolute location of mobile robots in indoor spaces. MCyT, ref. DPI2003-08715-C02-02. 01/12/2003 – 30/11/2006
These projects are financed by the Spanish Ministry of Science, and are part of the ongoing support for our fundamental research in localization techniques and systems. Since 2009 we have a research cooperation with the group GEINTRA (Electronic Engineering Applied to Intelligent Spaces and Transport Group at the University of Alcalá de Henares), the Department of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Automatics at the University of Extremadura, and the Department of Signal Theory and Communications and Telematic Engineering at the University of Valladolid.
Imserso Projects for the elderly:
- DEDALO and ARIADNA (Imserso, 2005-2007): Guidance system in indoor spaces for the enhancement of personal independence of elders and blind persons.
- Financed by the Imserso, the objective of these projects was the development of navigational aids for people with displacement difficulties, including indoor localization and guidance. These projects were a cooperation with the group GEINTRA(Electronic Engineering Applied to Intelligent Spaces and Transport Group at the University of Alcalá de Henares).
Archaeological site findings localization:
- 3D-LOCUS (Atapuerca, 2004-2006) Ultrasonic sensor system for positioning and profiling of paleo-archaeological finds
- Funded by the Atapuerca foundation, this project involved the development of the 3D-Locus ultrasonic positioning system, and its adaptation to the needs of archaeological workers.
Autonomous vehicle localization using RFID:
- ENVITE (M. de Fomento, 2006-2009) Communications between vehicles and road infrastructures, including GNSS, in critical spots
EMFi-based ultrasound transducer design:
- ULTRALPS (CSIC, 2008-9) An ultrasonic local positioning system based in electromechanical film transducers
- In this project we mainly worked in the use of the EMFi electromechanical film to develop ultrasonic transducers with high bandwidth and controllable acoustic field.
Micrometer Localization usin optical methods:
- LASERTRACK (AIDO, 2006-7) System for 3D tracking of an optical reference in real time
- This work was comissioned by the AIDO optical company, and consisted in the development of a laser-based optical 3D positioning system for machine-tool applications.